Longwood Robotics
Longwood Robotics
Longwood Robotics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Longwood Robotics

Forum for team members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Clotifoth564

Clotifoth564

My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained Empty
PostSubject: My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained   My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 am

Earlier yesterday I spoke of a shooting mechanism layout in which there were two pneumatic pistons rather than one. I did not explain myself there, so here we go.

In my plan, rather than have one central pneumatic piston located presumably in the center of the robot's front, we havetwo, positioned as such;

My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained Pneumaticpistondiagram

Basically, we'd use two small pneumatic cylinders rather than one large one for greater accuracy. Plus, we could do some tricky stuff such as:

- Varied power on both pistons to be able to aim during autonomous

- Firing only one piston to essentially make a trick shot and fire the ball at a 45 degree angle

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.eogamer.com
Okami564

Okami564

PostSubject: Re: My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained   My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:36 am

straight shots may be difficult to pull off just for the matter of coordinating it. we could do alll 45's, though.
for the 45' shots, id suggest lines on top of the robot to act as pointers, just to make it easier to aim. i mean liteeral lines painted on ^^;
Back to top Go down
minimatt564

PostSubject: Re: My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained   My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 am

The idea definitely seems plausible...we would just need to be extremely careful about shooting 8th out of the arena. We would need shooting practice..shooting range anyone? xD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained   My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:09 am

think about what is at the end of the piston... some type of cup... the shape of the yamaka (sp)just enough to cradle the ball...
Back to top Go down
http://www.team564.org
Clotifoth564

Clotifoth564

PostSubject: Re: My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained   My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Admin wrote:
think about what is at the end of the piston... some type of cup... the shape of the yamaka (sp)just enough to cradle the ball...

... huh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.eogamer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained   My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Shooting Mechanism idea, explained
Page 1 of 1